Sunday 14 August 2011

Engineers at my School.


Being a final year student I am no more curious to know why students do not come up with some innovation in final year project. Now I am just anxiously in search of the answer of question who is responsible for it, whether its teachers or students?
I was sitting with one of my teachers whom I have friendly terms with. One of my class fellows came and discussed his idea of final project. His idea was new and different but when teacher asked him how is he going to make this project, his reply was surprising “Don’t worry, I will buy it”. It’s good to know that projects are also available for sale. It is also good to know that when students are asked to show their approach towards their study and when they can come up with their own ideas, they actually buy ideas. These are our future ENGINEERS.
My own final year project’s idea was to combine working principle of two different machines into one. The idea was wholly solely conceived by me and I actually wanted to work on it. I visited my head of department to approve the project. His reply was “your idea is good but its better if you work on any equipment which is available here in school so that our teachers would be able to guide you as well. You are at the early stage of engineering, research cannot be done at this stage. Your hypothesis will not be accepted. It’s good to know that teachers at my school are still not ready to face challenges. They cannot go for the study which is new for them. It’s also good to know that those teachers are actually ENGINEERS. 

2 comments:

  1. There are 3 types of students.
    1)some make wonders happen
    2)some watch wonders happen
    3)some wonders,what happen? :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. True that Aleem. Now you can analyse where do we stand :)

    ReplyDelete